Thursday, November 3, 2011

It's been too long

You must forgive me for the awful photographs! (taken with my iPhone 3, sorry)
This is my current personal project! The wood panel itself is about 2'x2' at the moment, but I was thinking about cropping it a bit. Still need to paint it... Once finished, it may or may not be included in the collection for a restaurant opening! Details to come.
a) Layout Bond, Pencil, Ballpoint pen, graphite transfer paper
b) Unfinished 2'x2' Birch, Fine Sharpie
I had gotten a skateboard in 2007 that sort of looked like this . 
I know, I know--tell me about it. Anyway, this past summer I buffed it, sprayed black primer, sketched with white charcoal, and made it funky with some bright colors. Just need to finish it up the paint job, put down a protective clear coat, get new bearings & new wheels!
+ Birdhouse deck: sizing is somewhat between a street & longboard
+ OSH Primer: Black matte
+ Reeves: Gouache Paint
+ Winsor & Newton: Charcoal Pencils, Gouache Paint

These are the custom wedding cake toppers I painted for my cousin's wedding back in May. She's wearing the traditional Korean wedding costume (for the paebaek ceremony) and the groom is wearing German lederhosen. Looking at that cake is making me so hungry...
+Bride & Groom: My cousin provided me with a kit (includes the wooden templates + paint)
+Paint: Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylic, Golden Acrylic (the paint in the kit is no bueno)
+Hair: Super Sculpey
My other cousin needed a sweater design for her caucus at USC. All the text and the imagery of a tree with roots forming the words 'Social Justice' was specifically requested, as well as the colors (it was to be printed on the back of black sweaters). This was my first real experience integrating type with design and also using basic design software skills.
+ Adobe PhotoShop



These are a few mock-up magazine covers I did for my Typography class. The assignment required specific information, only in Helvetica, two sizes, two weights, rules & bars. No color, reversals, repetition or imagery allowed. 
+ Adobe Illustrator

A silly self-portrait I did just for fun. A few hours later, my sister told me come pick up the kitten she had adopted for me. Life is funny like that.
+ Adobe Illustrator
+ My destructive cat, Dorian Gray.

No comments: